Vettaveli is a Tamil term meaning “space for liberation” and it is also the word that we have chosen to name our School, because it intends to be a space to set oneself free from what one is not. Vettaveli is what the human being looks for in an innate and continuous way: to experience and realize who we are. Vettaveli is the “place” where the Self dwells.
The school Vettaveli is under the management of Ramón Ruedas. Ramón has spent a lot of time investigating and experiencing this Siddhas’ tradition and has also put into practice the Vasi Yoga, comprehensive of the techniques that show the road to reach that state of pure consciousness. Presently there is a training group for adults. But we had the feeling that this experience should also be accessible to those who are still in the stage of childhood. This is the reason why Vettaveli has come to existence for children, an education that has the purpose to guide and accompany the souls of our children along a pathway where one can not only get on well in this life, but also to grow spiritually.
The Vasi Yoga is addressed to all the souls regardless of their age. From Vettaveli we wish to offer a space where parents and children can accompany each other thus growing together spiritually. The family is a support for the evolution of children. The Siddhas, who were ordinary persons who attained the enlightenment, considered that the spiritual knowledge is the true education. True education is the one that liberates, being worldly ones the others which we receive throughout our student life as far as their goals and effects are concerned, i.e. they allow us to get on well in this material world but do not help us to find the pathway to the Absolute Bliss, namely: the Happiness, Joy or Bliss that do not depend on external events or internal states of mind.
A true education is a pathway to the search and return back to the Self. The true education is a pathway to the pure consciousness. Our work is focused on helping families to see clearly that the way to the pure consciousness is intimately connected with Vasi Yoga, working from this point of view with adults and children as well.
School building blocks
- A millenary tradition showing the road to the evolution of both the Consciousness and the Self: the tradition of the Siddha yogis.
- The practice: Vasi Yoga. A set of practices that enable people to experience and understand his true inner nature: the Self.
- A place: El Molino. A place whose energetic characteristics favour the connection with the inside of oneself.
- A group as the support to share experiences.
- A guided process that allows the contrast of both the experiences and the evolution process of the person.
Objectives of the school for children and families (that which inspires us)
To create among people a new consciousness more humane, less aggressive, less competitive and more respectful among them and with the nature, as long as they become aware of the fact that they are simultaneously an integral part of a universal whole and an individual microcosm, where all the holistic components of the Universe are reflected.
- To become acquainted with the Siddha yogis. Who were they? What were they searching for? Which were their contributions?
- To become familiar with Vasi Yoga as a transforming element for the human being.
- To establish a space for reflection and a space for the experience both for children and adults.
- To consolidate the family as a support for the joint evolution of fathers and mothers as well as of sons and daughters. To help parents to guide and accompany their children in their process of spiritual growth.
- To favour a link between fathers, mothers and children in relation to Yoga, as well as to make it possible to integrate Yoga in the family life. To give support to the creation of peer groups with which to share this learning.
- To favour a conscious growth at the level of the physical, cognitive, social and spiritual planes of the individual, integrating these into a harmonious whole.
Guides through the process
Ramón Ruedas Gómez, professor of Yoga and Groups of Inner Growth, Rebirthing therapist and Holotropic Breathwork facilitator certified by Grof Transpersonal Training, researcher on the Tradition of the Siddha yogis, as well as titular School leader and founder. He will be working with adults.
Raquel Castillo Prieto, school teacher, Educational psychologist, professor of Vasi Yoga, Non-directive education and Active education Trainer, accompaniment of both children groups and their fathers and mothers in their evolution.
Practical, experiential. Self knowledge is not a matter of speech but rather of practices that lead to experience our true Self. For this purpose we will use pranayamas, asanas, meditations, nature walks, dance, tales and games. All these integrated in the yogic tradition of Siddhas.
It is about learning by enjoying to finally attaining the True Joy non dependent neither on the external events nor on our internal states.
The persons who guide the process have the function of accompanying the group of parents and also the group of children, aiming to give their support through the practice and to share the experiences.
The learning of the Transcendence does not make use of words; it is an understanding of the Reality and as such it implies to face situations that would allow us to enter the experiences. It is a matter of catching and accessing the deeper structures of the Self.
- Who are the Siddhas? The thread of tradition. The Siddha family.
- The Siddha masters. What were they looking for? The pursuit of the treasure (the hidden gem). The cosmic wedding.
- Our body: what we see and what we see not. The nadis. The cakras.
- Our mind: how does it work and how to be in control of it.
- Our emotions: how do they work and how to transcend them.
- How to keep the body sound and healthy as an apple.
- The pathway: its elements: mantra, pranayama, concentration, asanas; their practice.
- Who is Shiva? The path of love.
- Our endeavour, what the right action is: yamas and niyamas, service, love and mercy as the guides of our actions.
- Creating a lexicon: karma, soul, sakti, Shiva, siddhis, vairagya, nada, bindu, guru, jnana, jiva.
- Our role as fathers and mothers in the evolution and progress of the Self of our children.
- The education. The true education according to the Siddha tradition. The goal of education. Present educational models that help to consciousness evolution (synergies). Educational models that give support to the consciousness evolution.
- Meetings for families and children accompanied by an adult on Sundays in the evening one day a month, supplemented by a Yoga meeting for children between 7 and 14 years old.
- Wednesdays from 5 to 6 p.m. only for children in El Molino.